New here, brought a Telegram night theme

Hello, I’m new in this community.
I installed Mate on my Ubuntu 17.04 a few days ago, because Unity will be abandoned, and Gnome doesn’t really fits my taste and habits, even with a lot extensions.
Overall I think, Mate will be my new favorite desktop even with the facts I have some problems with it (my main issue is that I have to use with 1360x768, because on my notebook’s native resolution, on 1920x1080, everything would be too small)

So, I use Telegram as my main chat service, but the default theme is too light, but the night mode isn’t matching with Ubuntu Mate’s colors, that’s why I started to working on a modified night mode based theme, to match with Ambient MATE dark colors, and overall to match with my desktop.

1 Like

I created a Telegram channel where I can share theme easily.
this is the channel’s link: https://t.me/umate_theme

Currently the theme is not finished, and has things I didn’t yet decided. For example, I would use unified color for every account name, but I didn’t yet decided the right color.

I’m planning to update the wallpaper to match with the latest stable Ubuntu Mate, but later I may keep older versions, so every active Ubuntu would have an own theme, with bugfixes too, and with wallpaper matching with the OS’s default.

2 Likes

It’s good, thanks! :smiley:

1 Like