New here looking for some help

Hi,

yes! you cannot just simply drag an ISO file to a USB stick, see this guide about using Unetbootin here.

Take a look at the other links included in the guide!. :smiley: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Alright! You guys are awesome! Thanks for the help. I was able to load the OS. My issue was not using the Unetbootin. I thought I initially did that but it didn’t properly install because I had the wrong root drive. Now when I power up it gives me the option of either Mate or Windows. I’d like to eliminate the Windows option all together. Any assistance on that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all the help. This should be fun.

2 Likes

Hi @arocho0112,

please mark this thread as solved by clicking on the tick box below best answer!.

If you look at the partition guide, it shows you how to rid your PC of Windows but please start a new thread if you have any further questions.

Once you remove Windows, replace the Grub menu using Boot repair from Welcome > Installation Help > Dual Booting Boot > Boot Repair and follow the instructions, take your time!.. Start the Live CD and and open Welcome!.

1 Like

Hallo

I have an old HP netbook with a dual boot installed by HP - W7 and Fedora (a reduced version with just a web browser). There's even a physical button to boot directly into Fedora. I'm sure you'll be able to install some form of usefull linux. :ubuntu_mate:

1 Like