New install 20.10 error on clean install

I get this on every boot, before any modifications are made. Any way to fix this? I have downloaded and installed twice on my Raspberry Pi 4B
Screenshot at 2020-10-30 16-51-22

You may want to check /var/crash folder for crash reports. If problem isn't recurrent, deleting those report file(s) shall fix that. You may also follow this thread: Two issues with upgrade from 20.04 to 20.10.

I had this problem due to the new ayatana-indicator-datetime package being installed at the same time as the old Ubuntu indicator-datetime package (they are two different things). But having both installed makes them conflict together. It seems like the old one hasn't been removed when it should have done.

I did 'sudo apt remove indicator-datetime' and now the Ayatana one comes up fine and no more crash!

From the Ayatana Indicators github:
"When using the -datetime Ayatana Indicator, make sure that the -datetime Ubuntu Indicator (package name: indicator-datetime) is not installed."

1 Like

Thank you. I installed Mate 20.10 on a Pi 3B and a Pi4B, the Pi 3B is just slow and sluggish. Also, when Firefox is loaded it takes forever to load a web page and I have Gigabit Internet. On the 4B it is fast and no problems. My 3B & 4B are connected via Ethernet.