New theme designed for Ubuntu-MATE 16.04

Hi,
I’m new here, in this community, but I like Ubuntu-MATE a lot. And I make themes for a few years now, so I wanted to make something designed with Ubuntu-MATE in mind - and here is a preview of my theme:

And here is theme itself:
(now updated)

I hope you’ll like it. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I want to give it a run :slight_smile:

How bout giving us a heads up when you get it loaded.

From the photos, that’s very “Minty” looking. I think I like it…:slight_smile:

Looks nice ! Thank you. :blush:

Hi there - i’ve uploaded my theme - there is a link in my first message.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try in the next day or two. Think I’ll put your gtk3 skills to the test and give it a run on 16.10 :slight_smile:

Thanks ! Let’s give a try !! :sunglasses:

Tried it in 16.10 with not so good results. I think it could be a mix of your theme and 16.10 not being ready :slight_smile:

Also have it running in 16o4 and looks solid, I will use it the rest of the day.

Well, as far as i know, Ubuntu-Mate 16.10 will use gtk3.20 and most of desktop environment will use gtk3 instead of gtk2, while 16.04 is using gtk 3.18 and mostly gtk2 so i think they are rather incompatibile :wink: When 16.10 is released i’ll try to update my theme to run on the newest system.

Hi Dolsilwa

Still running Weiss in 16o4, haven't seen the spinbutton problem yet. I say good job :slight_smile:

16.10 has its own problems.

How do you install this theme? Mate wont automatically install non .tar.gz or .tgz? I read somewhere that you needed to extract the zip to .themes but i haven't had very much success with that.

Install in your Home folder.

~/.themes

Place the zip file there; right click; and "extract here". Then move the two theme folders out of the main folder to .themes

1 Like

Thanks @anon42388993, That worked like a charm! :+1:

Hi there,
I’ve updated my theme, fixed some bugs, polished code. If you’re interested - download is in my first post.

2 Likes

let’s give a try !
thanks Dolsilwa