New UEFI motherboard: Ubuntu MATE reinstallation?

Hello,
I’m upgrading my PC and ordered a new mobo. My current one (Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H) has a legacy BIOS while the new one (Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H) uses UEFI. Will I have to reinstall Ubuntu MATE from scratch? Just update GRUB? Do nothing special?

Most (all amd64?) UEFI firmware I’ve seen have a legacy mode that emulates BIOS, so you could always try that.

Ok. Is it automatic or do I have to set it manually? And if I want to use UEFI instead, would it imply a reinstallation?

I should receive the hardware tomorrow or the day after, my main concern is to know if I need to backup my home data in advance (in case of a reinstallation).

It seems to vary a lot whether it’s enabled or not by default. If not, it’s usually an option under “System Configuration” or “Boot Mode Settings” or something like that. Sometimes you have to disable Secure Boot first.

It does look like it’s not too hard to switch it over, however: you create the EFI partition and run boot repair, basically (https://askubuntu.com/questions/913397/how-to-change-ubuntu-install-from-legacy-to-uefi).

Thanks a lot. So, I guess I’ll use legacy mode (if available) and maybe try UEFI later.

EDIT: So, got my new hardware and it seems to work straight even though the BIOS doesn’t seem to be on legacy mode.