No Multi Tasking Allowed W/ Firejail

The Problem I have been facing with My Audio Crashing is Still a Problem BUT I figured out what is making this Happen.
So I’m not sure where to go from here.

The What?
I can’t run my web browser and watch/listen to VLC at the same time without getting an ERROR.

The Why
When Running Firefox I run it ( firejail firefox ) and when I do this it disconnects pulse audio controls from the rest of my system apps.

So now in order for me to listen/watch VLC at the same time I must ( firejail vlc )

This never was the case in 14.04 so here is the question?
Is this a MATE or a Firejail Problem?
What do I do with this Bug?
Am I the only one with it?

I don’t mind running VLC in a jail but I can’t seem to get core bird to play any audio in a jail and I’m not sure if other apps will have the same problem.

v16.04 - MATE Desktop v1.14.1

Any Guidance would be much appreciated.

Hi @Blank,

I would say it is a jail problem which to be honest, I have never heard of or used!.

Do you have any fancy settings with some sort of firewall with the firejail app?.

Take a look here which might have something for you?:

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/firejail.html :smiley:

I’m not sure why but I thought this was a well known option that everyone used. apt install firejail
it really is a great security option that I am happy to deploy on all my machines. Simple light weight and just does the job keeping things in a cage.

Thanks for the link I will look a little deeper into it.
as for the settings, No, usually just adding firejail to the command will run it just fine. I have only tweaked it once or twice, from what I can remember.

Thats why when I jumped up to 16.04 I never thought about Firejail being an issue because it never was in the past. So with all the problems I was having with my audio really wasn’t as bad as I thought but still a problem.

My only tip is to keep updating and hopefully it is just simply a compatibility issue, check your add on settings for updates in FireFox too!. :smiley: