No Preference Menu in Cheese on Mate 16.04

My hardware: Dell Latitude E6530. Cheese installed from the Boutique. Works great except for one thing:
I can’t access preference menu. It is supposed to appear when I right-click on “Cheese” in the top bar. All I get is the window menu (Minimize; maximize…).

Am I missing something? Is there a tweak I need to perform or another way to access the preference menu?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

Normally when Cheese application is launched, there is a menubar with as option ‘Cheese’ …
You should only click on that cheese and a menu is available with the option ‘preferences’

1 Like

Ditto for all our 16.04 installations. Plus Cheese was part of the package. Never had to install it. Did you reinstall @Gilles?

1 Like

Same as everyone else on 16.04. And any click, left right or middle, works. Here's what it looks like:

3 Likes

Thank you jpberes, steven and Bill_MI for your replies.
I noticed that I didn’t have menu items in all my applications, therefore the issue was not with “Cheese” at all. I changed my panel settings (in Mate-Tweak) and turned on advanced menu, which now shows the menu in all applications.
I use the " Mutiny" theme and it is not without issues, however, it works well enough for my purpose.

So now I can adjust the preferences in “Cheese”. Thank you again for your replies, much appreciated.

Cheers

2 Likes