No wifi not working Broadcom sta bcm4360 ver 3.0

Broadcom sta bcm4360 ver 3.0 wireless not working after upgrade to ubuntu - mate16.04

Hi @stewy ,

did you test it with the live CD and was it working?, I assume you updated after installation and then it stopped?.

Try the following:

1. install Synaptic via the terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) with the following command:

sudo apt-get install synaptic

1. Insert the live CD/USB stick and open Synaptic then click on Edit > Add CD-ROM and search for the older broadcom packages and then use Package > Force Version to downgrade it to the older package(s)!.

2. Lock the newly installed package(s) with Package > Lock Version (After selecting the one(s) you want to lock.

3. Restart.

I hope it helps.

g.day wolfman how r u found a fix my self also these steps below got my broadcom bcm4360 working

https://pkgs.org/

search bar

search for ==> (broadcom-sta-dkms)

click on your version of linux

Install How to

1.Update the package index:

sudo apt-get update
  1. Install broadcom-sta-dkms deb package:

sudo apt-get install broadcom-sta-dkms

If terminal install does not work for you

download file name be something like below

broadcom-sta-dkms_6.30.223.271-2_all.deb

reboot computer

then goto terminal if you don’t type command lspci below it will not show network conections icon

lspci

also if you use wifi ac standard with your internet modem/routers 5ghz band will show not if not selected channel. auto channel does not work

from stewy

1 Like

Nice one Stewy,

please mark your own answer as solved (click on the tick box) so it helps others with the same problem!. :smiley:

Wolfman,

I am afraid I don’t have the advanced skills necessary to carry out doing the synaptic thing that you suggest. For one thing Software Boutique on Mate 16.04 warns that Synaptic is for advanced users and that is not me. The other thing is if I did to it I don’t know what the downgraded older package(s) would be but thank you for your help.

2 Likes