Not able to use VirtualBox

Hi
I got a Dell Laptop dual booting Windows 10 (for the family) and Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS for me.
I am having trouble running VirtualBox.
I have installed it and it seems to be OK.
But when I try to start a virtual machine I get this error;

RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912 (rc=-1912)

The VirtualBox kernel modules do not match this version of VirtualBox. The installation of VirtualBox was apparently not successful. Executing

‘/sbin/vboxconfig’

may correct this. Make sure that you do not mix the OSE version and the PUEL version of VirtualBox.

where: supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime what: 4 VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH (-1912) - The installed support driver doesn’t match the version of the user

I suspected that it was the UEFI, but I have tried to disable this, with no result.
I can add, thst I tried to install VirtualBox on the Windows 10, and it work there?

I have tried several commendline commands I found on DuckduckGo, but with no luck.

Does anyone know what to do?

Best regards
Sandersson

Hi,
found some subjects about this : (google search)
https://www.google.fr/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=RTR3InitEx+failed+with+rc%3D-1912+(rc%3D-1912)&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=YKXFWK_NJZmC1gKxgrngDQ
II do not have ability to give real deep help, but at least i can ask how did you installed virtualbox ?
I personally always do it from synaptic package manager - just kind of habit i guess.

Great, thanks for your reply.
I used one of the links you sendt, and made the folloewring in the terminal;
sudo dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox-dkms
sudo dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox
And then;
sudo rmmod vboxnetadp vboxnetflt vboxpci vboxdrv
sudo /sbin/rcvboxdrv setup

And it seems to work - so thank you a lot.

Now I will start trying all sorts of different distros :slight_smile:

Best regards
Sandersson

I am glad that worked for you. Right now i am using Ubuntu Unity so i couldn’t event try it out !
Anyway, it is allways good to share some things here ! :blush:
regards