Not translation to spanish center control

I am a spanish speaker. I installed the ubuntu mate 16 and i noticed that there are parts in the dsktop that are not in spanish even though I installed in spanish. For example language support is not " soporte de idioma" hopefully I speak english but any other person who install may not understand. The bluetooth and other are mix in spanish and english. I have no problem If you need someone for helping in the translation.

Regards.

I replied to your other thread, there is no need to post/make multiple threads on the same subject!. :thumbsdown:

Thanks @wolfman.

Sorry I posted twice by mistake.

I see you are an expert.

I wil follow your post.

Hi. I followed the instructions.

I had 2 languages spanish and english in that order.
I eliminated english, apply spanish for the system. And turn off the notebook.

I turned on the notebook, did not ask me to change languages settings. (don't know why appear so many spanish)

The files were always in spanish.

and the bluetooth still in english

thanks a lot.

(I am not complaining, is just a suggestion for improvement)

1 Like

Hi @Santo,

try doing it manually!:

Reset Ubuntu Locales Manually:

Make sure that you have installed your desired country locale files before you start doing the following!.

To manually reset your system locale should the above not have worked for you, you will need to make yourself "root", press Alt + F2, enter your password and then enter the following command:

gksudo caja (in Ubuntu Mate)

gksudo nautilus (in normal Ubuntu)

Enter your password and navigate through your home folder: File System > Etc > Default > Locale

You will now (may) have a file that looks like this, I will be using German for my example, you need to replace the appropriate lines (Lang & Language) with your desired country locale!.

LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
LANGUAGE="en_GB:en_US:en"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"

In my example, you need to change the top two lines to look like this, edit/replace "en_EN" with "de_DE":

LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"
LANGUAGE="de_DE:de"
LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"

Once you have made your changes, click on "File" > "Save" close Pluma and restart your PC, your system should restart in the desired language and you will be asked to change the folder names which you should do!.

Please bear in mind that your "locale" file can differ from the examples above, here is a current snapshot of my English language system with German language support installed, you may notice that there are no references to German in this list!:

1 Like

Saint, if you think it’s a lot of work to make changes, you can reinstall again, but when you start the installation change the language to Spanish …

Regards…

There is also an option to fully install all the language support from the Control Center -> Language Support. I installed Ubuntu Mate but Firefox or was it Libre Office was mixed or still in English even though I installed the German locale from the beginning. Language Support takes care of it in the post install.