Note taking apps?t

Was wondering what apps you all use for note taking? Trying to avoid evernote and google keep…would like something that would work on iOS and Android… I think TomBoy used to at least work on Android…not sure what the latest greatest oss app for this is these days… thanks

1 Like

Well, I use Google Keep and run it as a web app on the desktop and keep it synced with my Android on-the-go. It’s convenient and it does the job well for keeping simple notes and storing a memory dump.

That said, I would be interested to hear in a free (as in “freedom”) app that can do the same job, and sync without the need of a cloud. :partly_sunny:

Google Keep on my Android phone, but switching to Notes on my BQ E5 Aquaris HD which use Evernote as the backend. On my workstations I use Zim (a desktop wiki) for keeping more lomg form technical notes.

I use Simplenote; it’s from Automattic, the developers of Wordpress. The only thing that irritates me about it is: it’s not free and open source. Other than that, I just love it. I’ve used couple of note taking apps; but none of the experiences could beat it. Simplenote is dead simple. You can write anything and everything, and it is saved automatically. No formatting, no extra glitter. Just plain simple texts. And it has got mighty search. You can search through a sea of texts.
You can give it a try. You’ll love it. :smiley:

1 Like