Numix S5 Materia-Y theme suite (It really works this time!)

Thanks! Appreciate it, and I'll try it out rn

OK, it's not working. It symlinks to a directory /mnt/Personal/LinuxStuff... Which dosen't exist on our systems ofc. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

So uh, get this. With the work I did, all four archives, for all 111 themes (including common) was previously 355 megabytes, now the single archive, with its common square and circle icon sets and the app icon variants being made entirely of symbolic links the single archive I uploaded is 39.8 megabytes.

That's nearly a 315 megabyte difference. Bro...

Yeah, I know, but it still dosen't work so ...

Yeah i figured it out. I was uploading a symbolic link thinking git was going to pass for the actual file. Some managers support that, but it appears not Github, not for archives anyway.

Reup'd the actual file this time, tell me how that works out. On the bright side, and ironically so, there is nobody else with functional copy of this archive until now which means that nobody else had to re-download anything. GG me.

Also, it seems like I cannot extract individual files because Engrampa is being old and cranky about making tarballs. I should be able to extract exactly what I want but that never seems to happen.

Great! I'm at school now, but I'll try it when I get home. The symbolic links are fixed according to Github, tho :slight_smile:

NOO it failed... Inside the archive, inside dark/(any dir)/(Circle/Square/Default)/(any resolution), it dosen't exist..

Gdi you're kidding me. k I'll check that out. It should had been there.

You want proof? https://imgur.com/2i5h1x2.png Occurs with every folder from 16 to 48...

Yeah that's dumbpants. I'll figure out how to resolve it, even if ti means I have to use a different format to make it work. AAlso, engrampa is a buggy SOB sometimes.

K... I'll be here. Hopefully you can figure it out soon.

After much time learning about tar and how I was a dumb idiot garbage human being I finally concluded that the use of GUI tools don't do it for me and I used tar directly from the terminal. Also after learning all I needed to do, I tested using GUI tools and everything extracts as it should.

This one works, for real this time. At least, it worked on my local machine. I should download and test again to sanity check but I was able to extract everything in a test directory and all links were preserved.

I just double-checked my stuff and it seems to be alright so far. If you caught where I said I was having trouble, it was bad command on my end when dealing with the kit I extracted; everything is working as it should once I looked back and realized my error.

Just to be clear, I uploaded a functioning, 100% intact archive with the symbolic links being preserved. If ever there was a time to learn the foibles of dealing with links and archival formats this was an alright place to start.

The archive is legit this time, everything as I advertised is there.

YESS I'm gonna try now

Nope, not with dark blue and aqua at least. The appicons have nonexisting symlinks..

I just tested this. Are you certain you have NumixS5_MateriaY_Common in ~/.icons or /usr/share/icons? I can show you it working;

Also you need the common sets for circle and square icons as well. So three are mandatory, the rest are optional and of preference.

The source files are what I extracted using emgrampa / file-roller and using the archive I uploaded, downloaded from the Github page.

That did it! Thanks a lot

I am doing some markdown for GitHub at the moment which explains this in greater detail, and at a more accessible place.

This LITERALLY broke xfce ;( I guess I'll have to use Papirus for now...
XFCE kept glitching and complaining about missing icons

That's interesting. I had a similar issue one time with MATE, but it was a once-only problem I cannot reproduce. What happened exactly?

I have an older copy of Xubuntu I can test with to see for myself if I can reproduce the issue.