Nuvola Player : Spotify cannot connect to online account

Hello community !

Because it is easy enough to get it work on many Linux Distributions and because i need music online even for work, i have a Spotify account. Most of time i install it from official PPA provided by the Spotify web site. (for Debian based) or from the Boutique with the gorgeous Ubuntu MATE's software installer :sunglasses:
But, this Spotify GUI make my sound goes away - not the sound properly, but the ability to control the sound from mate applet. Sound can be control from keyboard.
This occurred on a Lenovo Laptop all Intel :

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

I cannot tell from the Desktop computer ,as we just moved to new apartment
Then, to avoid this and get the ability to close the spotify player without turn it off, i have installed Nuvola and Clementine.
Nuvola could at the beginning, connect without trouble, but i quickly could not do it again, as you can see below, i get this error :

Clementine could be a solution, but same result.
I tried to reinstall those but no success. Maybe this is due to Spotify but ... difficult to find more info.
I found some threads, at least one about sound ans Spotify but this was much a AMD drivers issue.
Should i try switching from Alsa to Pulse Audio ?

Tank you for your time ...

Unfortunately, I don’t have a solution other than using their new web interface but you might find this article helpful:

http://mattjames.co.nf/journal/spotify-web-player-discontinued

Hi,
And they ask then for use DRM ! I guess i am gonna look for another way of listening into music and maybe leave Spotify.

i knew that. I’ll wait for others advices also, i like to know if someone is using pulseaudio from Boutique and if this could help.
orschiro, i thank you for passing by :wink:

1 Like

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:
Well maybe it helps, I switched to Pithos which I quite like.

The official Spotify application is running here (Ubuntu Mate 16.04.2) without problems.
If it is not working there should be a general audio problem. You cannot switch from Alsa to PulseAudio because you have both running anyway.
The PulseAudio Volume Control has some more possibilities than the normal Sound Settings App.

Hi garfield !
This is full of precisions !
Then i guess i will leave Spotify premium for 2 reasons :

• DRM
  • and no efforts made to provide a working GUI for Linux users …

Deezer web interface don’t ask for enable DRM from Firefox, but i guess if i try to look deeper i will find some. Private world is such a shame …
Nuvola offer a Deezer client.
I’ll see
Thank you !