Nvidia help SGI is server(solved)

Dear Friends,

Fresh install 21.04

name of display: :0
display: :0 screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4

The software says I am using the Nvidia driver from the metapackage 470.

01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107M [GeForce GTX 960M] (rev a2)

This has never happened on this laptop before, and there is no reason that any open source vendor string server or client should be present, unless there is something I do not know.

5.13.0-21-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 19 08:59:28 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

In short, what can I do the make sure Nvidia is the vendor for server and client. I never, ever, use the intel chip, I just want things the way the were, unless there is a kernel change which prevents this.

So is there a way to reinstall, as painful as that is, given the amount of software I use, to avoid this.
Normal behaviour all these years was that if one selected the proprietary driver during install, it held on the first boot.

If I did miss this step, must I reinstall, or is there a simple way to clear this up?

I am not to reinstall if I do not have to, but if so, how can I make sure that only nvidia exists upon the first boot into the new system?

To make it more confusing, the nvidia applet under the gl server &c tabs, shows the opposite of the terminal. This is very annoying.

SOLVED:
Apparently, when the software package installed the nvdia driver, it defaults to on demand mode, which under normal loads, etc, allows per application offloading. In short, user error, as I should have checked that the GUI was set to "performance mode" - and, yes, it does make a difference in doing graphical work. In theory, there are was to change in in xorg.conf, but is is easier to stay in performance mode, as long as one can stand the fans!

Nonetheless, this is unexpected behaviour, as in the good old days(I am 65) we could simply ignore the entire dual GPU setup entirely in the BIOS when there was a BIOS, and linux was all files and sons of files.....

Thank you all very much for the support of this community, where I usually merely lurk.

Best,
M