OCR Feeder failing to run?

If you find OCR Feeder is not launching from the Applications | Office menu in a base install of 16.04, try running it from the command line.

ocrfeeder

For a more comprehensive fix, run System | Preferences | Look & Feel | Main Menu and scroll to the OCR Feeder entry. Right click on the entry and select Properties. You may notice the executed command is expecting an input file.

ocrfeeder -i %f

Simply remove the “-i %f” suffix from the command, save and close the menu editor.

It should now run from the Applications menu as expected.

Hope this helps,

rb

1 Like

I’m not really a MATE user, but this was the only solution that came up when I was looking for an answer to why OCRFeeder wouldn’t run. I like your more comprehensive fix, but as a Unity user, your instructions don’t work for me. Unity has no System | Preferences | Look & Feel | Main Menu. Where is the entry that needs changing, using file system path?

Go to dash do a search for main menu. It is not installed by default, so you may need to install it. Scroll through the menu enteries. I think I found OCRFeeder under office. Click on it and select properties on the left. Do as stated in the above post. Works like a charm.

1 Like