On running .jar files

how to open/run .jar files on ubuntuMATE?

I'm trying to run the file with openJDK option, and it gives me this error message:

"The file '/home/user/Downloads/WarUniverse.1.21.131.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit."

java -jar /home/user/Downloads/WarUniverse.1.21.131.jar
2 Likes

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil$3 (file:/home/gustavo/Downloads/WarUniverse.1.21.131.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil$3
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!

I get the same error ...

I have no idea what this WarUniverse is so one line reads,
Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.lwjgl.LWJGLUtil$3

1 Like

it's a MMORPG about spaceships, either way thank you

I read that if you install adoptopenjdk https://adoptopenjdk.net/ the game would work. Give it a try and let us know. You can switch java versions with sudo update-alternatives --config java

1 Like