Ordering Bookmarks in Caja

Dear List,

I have searched this site with "order bookmarks in Caja" and did not find an answer to my question. I would like to know if I can change the order of the bookmarks in the side panel in the Caja file browser. I feel like I used to be able to "drag and drop" them to the order I wanted. Currently, I do not seem to be able to do this with my 18.04.4 version of Ubuntu MATE. I also tried to right-click and saw the choices to Remove Rename or Open. The bookmarks in the panel seem to only be ordered in the sequence they were added. Thank you for any help.

You should be able to re-order your bookmarks in any fashion you like. To do so, open anything in Caja. Then select from the menu, Bookmarks, Edit Bookmarks... and use drag and drop to reorder.

Edit: Or you can open ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks with pluma and edit to your heart's content.

Thank you for your helpful and prompt reply! I thought I could do it in the side-pane itself but see now how it is done.

I actually did look at the little window that opens up in "Edit Bookmarks". Although the item you click on does get a border, it does not have the familiar bar that travels in between the items on the list, like so many other programs do, to show where it will be "dropped". Adding that feature in the future would be very helpful. Thank you.