Other distros love ubuntu MATE look. <3

So, since I’ve used Ubuntu MATE a long time ago and fell in love with it’s design I also tried to make Debian look as great as UM is :smiley:
https://snag.gy/61iTnD.jpg

4 Likes

This made me think:

Is Ubuntu MATE the de-facto “default” showcase distribution for MATE in the same way elementaryOS is for Pantheon or Fedora for GNOME?

[quote=“orschiro, post:2, topic:13460”]Is Ubuntu MATE the de-facto “default” showcase distribution for MATE[/quote]Even though it might as well be, it probably isn’t. I’d say that one would be Mint MATE.

1 Like

I bet you didn’t manage to get the sound indicator working though…:wink:

I know…I’ve tried

As I understand it Mint is delivering MATE with X-apps, not MATE apps. So Mint can’t be the “default” showcase distribution for MATE.

For the same reason it was important to keep the original layout in Ubuntu MATE. Plank and Brisk menu are not MATE applications as far as I know.

So I think Ubuntu MATE can be considered the “default” showcase distribution for MATE.

2 Likes

[quote=“mrtribute, post:5, topic:13460”]So I think Ubuntu MATE can be considered the “default” showcase distribution for MATE.[/quote]As I stated, it might as well be. I’m not saying it shouldn’t be. Maybe I was incomplete in my statement. The point was – Linux Mint MATE is more widespread than Ubuntu MATE. Hence it probably being perceived as the de-facto standard for the MATE environment.

I was more thinking of what the community at large feels as opposed to how I personally feel. Personally, I feel Ubuntu MATE should be the de-facto standard flavour for Ubuntu in general. :wink:

1 Like