Panel fonts color

I'm using a theme where the color of the fonts on the panel are dark and they do not contrast the panel's background which is also dark.

I understand that we have to edit/create a gtk.css file in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/
What should the contents of this file be to set the font color white?

Before trying any editing, if sometimes helps to just change the panel background from 'None (use system theme)' to 'Solid Color' (of your choice).

Rt. Click on Panel > Properties > Background Tab

1 Like

In addition, we can use custom font color for panel:

1 Like

Thank you for your answers.

@Spyder I am aware of this option but I'm interested in changing the font color on the items on the panel, and more specifically on the Window List.

@Philippe this link aims at changing the color of the clock.
In my case it doesn't achieve this. Instead the following code does (which is not mine, I don't remember where I found it online and I pasted it on the gtk.css file) :

panel-toplevel.background.horizontal,
.mate-panel-menu-bar menubar > menuitem {
    text-shadow: none;
    padding: 3px 5px;
    color: white;
}

.mate-panel-menu-bar  {
}

#clock-applet-button.flat.toggle > box.horizontal > label {
    font-weight: normal;
    text;
}

However, the code I quote just changes the color of the font and other elements of the Indicator Applet Complete, and not the color of font of the Window List on the panel that interests me.

I'm sharing a solution which actually works:

#PanelApplet label,
.mate-panel-menu-bar menubar > menuitem {
    color: #F7347A;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px alpha (#000000, 0.8);
}

This is not my solution, but it's been suggested at another forum, so I'm posting here as well for anyone interested.
One can change the color value according to his/her taste.

2 Likes

@obaino I guess you will have same question for 22.04. Do you already have the solution for 22.04?