Permission to open balena Etcher

I recently upgraded to UMate 19.10. Very happy with it, runs beautifully, no flaws. As yet..
Today I tried to use balena Etcher. And there came the following error message: "You don't have access to this resource. Please ensure you have the necessary permissions to access this resource".
I've used balena Etcher with previous versions of UM with no problem.
What does that mean? How to get these "necessary permissions"?

Are you running it as super-user?
Run sudo then whatever the name is for balenaEtcher (use tab-complete to check)
Maybe
sudo balenaEtcher or sudo Etcher etc.

Since Etcher is an appImage - I guess the first question is where did you put it once you downloaded it? If it's in a sub-folder of your home directory, then it simply might need to be chmod +755 to make it executable.

If it's NOT in a sub-folder of your home directory, then it's probably listed as root - in which case, like @ambark said, you would have to open a terminal, and run the command for etcher with sudo in front.

Thank you. Yes, Etcher is indeed in a sub-folder of the home directory. Will try and make it executable.

I was thinking that you will need to format a USB in order to write an ISO to it, so regardless you would need super-user(?)

Many thanks. I've been away from home with no or little access to the internet. Basically I wanted to make a fresh installation of UM 19.10 to try and see if there would be an improvement on the "atrocious boot time" of my 10-11 year old Toshiba Portege. In the end, I used a Windows-10 PC to write the ISO, all very easy and straightforward...
Though I am not exactly a novice in Linus, I must admit I do not know how to be a super-user. Will investigate further, I am sure I will find a solution in the ´net.
By the way, no significant impact on booting times. I am however very, very pleased with UM 19.10.
Thanks again. Best

Sorry, by super-user I meant sudo, or root user.

With Etcher being an AppImage can you right click it, go to properties and tick the 'Execute' box under the 'Permissions' tab?