Pi4 Ethernet and Wifi not connecting 64 bit, but works well on Raspbian 32bit

Hello guys,

I am desperate. I bought Pi4 8 GB and installed Raspbian, Twister OS, Ubuntu and Ubuntu Mate. I chose as a primary deskrop for me Mate with Pi4.
Since beginning I do have an issue, that it discovers Wifis but the connection always fails, same with Ethernet, when cable is plugged. starts to establih connection, but it fails and tries over and over to connect.
But when I use SD card with Raspbian, al works well with no issues. This leads me to an idea, if there is not prolem in OS rather then Pi4 HW..Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Have tried to reflash images, etc. no help.

At one point there were problems with another OS failing when the pwd included certain non-alphanumeric characters, but I haven't seen any reports of these recently.
Derek

Strange, all 32bit OS version go with WiFi and ETH, but 64bit does not for me. I tried also remove special signs from network name and pwd, no luck.

I have also noticed, that USB cannot power any SSD. I do have 512GB WD Blue rated 1.6A and it does not work. My older 2.5 SATA magnetic drive rated 0.55A works, but with drops in performance. When used as storage it goes on aberage 90 / s, but when flashed with OS /any/, it is slower in booting than SD card + performance is not faster. Will try another cable adapter....

With this current draw figures you would be well advised to use a USB hub which can provide the necessary power.
Derek