Yes - full graphical root login - on my own system - for my own uses only.
Nobody else even touches it...ever.
I know about all the warnings - so please, kindly no repeats of that stuff in reply here.
I have some things I need to do which absolutely need a full root login at my NB - I have tried all other means around this & none worked.
Also did a bunch of open searching but found nothing directly applicable - so here I am asking in hopes someone will kindly direct me, please.
The steps I followed thus far did work on earlier versions, but are no longer working with 18.04.2
I have already=>
- gave the root account a password with sudo passwd root
- enabled the root account: sudo usermod -U root
Then verified that the root account exists with: sudo su - root
- next was sudo passwd -u root
- As root, created a new file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf and added the following lines to it:
- Set that file's permissions:
sudo chmod 644 /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf
sudo chown root:root /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/10-ubuntu.conf
Then rebooted the login box was there, but not allowed to type in
the desired username at all.
Help ?!? Please ?!?