Printer problem

I am an end user with little computer or programming knowledge.
Lately my Ubuntu Mate 20.04 is failing to find my wireless Epson Office BX535WD printer, although it used to work fine. If anyone can suggest a fix, I'd be grateful,
HOWEVER,
I'm fed up and thinking of getting a new HP Laser Jet M209dwe black printer. Has anyone experience with this model, and is it truly Ubuntu friendly, please?
Thank you

1 Like

I have a Samsung that has become difficult. Sometimes I will delete the printer, reboot, then re-add the printer. Sometimes I see two printers, the one the network sees and the one I added. I usually use the one I added.

1 Like

I've recently been unable to print to my HP Envy Photo 7855. It used to work very well.

I'm suspecting it's a MATE or Ubuntu problem because I have several computers all running U-MATE with different stages of being updated. When I first noticed that I couldn't print I tried other computers and only one could print. Since then that last computer now cannot print. It gives an error that I'm trying to figure out.

I'm on 22.04.

1 Like

Thank you Jaybo. That will certainly be worth a try. Will let you know if it works for me. Colin.

1 Like

Thank you mdd12, I have this yet to come then, because I will soon try to upgrade to 22.04. It must be a Mate thing with me too, 'cos my Mate reports 'printer may not be connected' or words to that effect, but if I re-start on Windows 10 (which I'm not keen on) the doc always prints OK. I'm disappointed (for you & for me) to hear that your HP is playing up. My friend told me that HP was the most Ubuntu reliable brand which is why I am thinking of buying one.

1 Like

OK. So I booted up using the 22.04.1 ISO and selected the try option.

I then tried to print to the HP and it prints as before. So something has changed since that ISO was published.

And yes, I agree that HP has good linux support when it works.

I now need to figure out how to report the bug.

1 Like

ColinK,
I have the HP Laser Jet M206dwe plugged into my network. Easy-Peezy!
I have 10 computers on the network, All running LINUX. (each a different flavour) I never had to set up printers. They just show up automagically when booting up. Great printer. No problems 2 years now.
Hope you get your problem fixed.
Cheers...

2 Likes

Thank you Hawghaven. A recommendation from a 2 year experience is very much appreciated, and very reassuring. ColinK

1 Like

Welcome @hawghaven to the community!

1 Like