Problem nouveau?

Hi!
Booting Ubuntu 15.04, MATE 1.8.2 / 64 bit I get the following error message:

• ACPI PCC … failded … starting version 219

Part of dmesg:

[ 3.290427] nouveau E[ PIBUS][0000:01:00.0] HUB0: 0x6013d4 0x00005700 (0x1b408200)
[ 3.290475] nouveau E[ PIBUS][0000:01:00.0] HUB0: 0x10ecc0 0xffffffff (0x1f40822c)

[ 4.583649] nouveau E[ PGRAPH][0000:01:00.0] failed to load fuc409c

[ 4.589829] nouveau E[ PFIFO][0000:01:00.0] unsupported engines 0x00000001
[ 4.589939] nouveau E[ DRM] failed to create kernel channel, -22

[ 5.259323] nouveau E[ PGRAPH][0000:01:00.0] failed to load fuc409c

Part of inxi -F:

Graphics: Card-1: Intel 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
Card-2: NVIDIA GM107M [GeForce GTX 860M]
Display Server: X.Org 1.17.1 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) FAILED: nouveau
Resolution: [email protected]
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Haswell Mobile GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.5.2

Any idea?

Hi,

start in recovery mode and activate “Network” (a network cable connection is required!), then click on “dpkg” and run another update, restart with Ctrl + Alt + Del, do not click on “Resume” if anything updates.

If the above doesn’t work, start once again in recovery mode and activate “Network” again and this time select “root” and type the following command:

sudo apt-get install -f

Restart with Ctrl + Alt + Del, do not click on “Resume” if anything updates.

Do you have 2 graphics cards switched on?, I assume you only need the one and I would disable the onboard graphic card in BIOS before you run the above command!.

To install the Nvidia drivers while still in recovery root mode if you want to use the Nvidia card, type the following command and restart with Ctrl + Alt + Del, do not click on resume!:

sudo apt-get install nvidia-current

(You can upgrade the Nvidia driver to a higher version once you have booted!).

1 Like

Diese vertrauliche E-Mail in Deutsch war weder zur Veröffentlichung frei gegeben noch zur Übersetzung durch ein Programm und nachfolgender Veröffentlichung.

My free translation:
This confidential mail in German neither was send for publication nor for a translation done by computer software followed by publication.

Translated using Google Translate ( Bitte!, Google Translate in der Zukunft beim Antworten Benutzen):

Hello! I hope it’s okay if I briefly answer here on DE before I post in EN ; My trade school - EN is back decades , and I had no opportunity to improve it . So : For about 6 years, I have installed all major distributions . My newest notebook came preinstalled with LM 17 ; there I can choose Intel or nvidea easily . In BIOS I find no way . The first proposed notice does not help . Greeting [ the same error message appears on another notebook . ]

Bitte Grace, die Ausstattung deines PC’s (Marke/Modell) Angeben und wir können das Problem nach gehen!.:smiley:

Please give us the specs for your PC so we look at the possible cause of the problem. :smiley:

1 Like

Btw,

if you start your PC and open BIOS, you should find something like this pic, I have the onboard graphics card "Disabled" and use the PCI graphics card:

Hi!

1. I only use ixquick.
  2. Thank you, wolfman, but there is nothing new for me.
  3. Of course, I tried to enable / disable a graphic card, but as I wrote before it is not displayed.
  4. Maybe the problem is that I have UEFI with CSM and UEFI is disabled and BIOS enabled.

sudo dmidecode -t0 | grep -Ei “(BIOS boot|UEFI)”
BIOS boot specification is supported
UEFI is supported

Have you switched off “SecureBoot”?. :smiley:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI

[ -d /sys/firmware/efi ] && echo “EFI boot on HDD” || echo “Legacy boot on HDD”
Legacy boot on HDD

Hi grace,

it states here you can ignore the message!: