Problems with setting folder color

Had you considered Costale’s folder colours extension? It functions similarly to Linux Mint’s folder colour selector and includes global colour support, though it uses RAVEfinity’s folder icons I think.

Hello tiox, I tried to install folder-color of Costales in terminal,
I add the ppa, I update it and when installing it says: folder-color-caja is already in its most recent version (0.0.86-0ubuntu1).
I think the solution would be to uninstall the MATE version and do the installation again, and I’m not totally convinced that it works,

regards…

Yeah I will take a look at that. Because the software should still continue to work as you expect. If you have to remove a preinstalled version, make sure to hold the currently installed version so apt doesn’t actively try to screw you.

Yeah so here’s a weird one for you @Josele13: No matter how far back the timeline I go with releases, global doesn’t come up. So the global colour isn’t entirely dependent on version installed, which tells me there is a necessary library to invoke this feature missing. Similar to how the real-time search doesn’t work in Synaptic if Xapian isn’t there, we need to figure out this library to bring global colour selection back.

Great, then in a short time you could reinstall Color Global in MATE,

Thanks Tiox …:+1:

I did not say I could do it, I only said it was an issue with a missing library not explicitly assigned as a dependency. I will have to browse recommends to see if there is anything for global colour.

Otherwise I am not sure how exactly to resolve the issue, or if that function is missing because the package for it is not in depends.

Ok, I understood your comment, I thought about the Ubuntu Mate team that could find out what was missing to fix Global color,