Pulseaudio issue

Hi,
I think pulseaudio integration in Ubuntu mate for rpi2 is bad.
If I try to read videos with chromium (YouTube), ffplay or vlc with pluseaudio output video and audio are out of sync. If I remove pulseaudio or switch to alsa audio output all work perfectly.
So anyone know how to do some pulseaudio additional configuration to make is work well ?
Otherwise I think Ubuntu mate for RPI must disabled it by default until it can work because it is very annoying for a beginner user !

Hi,

try installing the following package via the terminal:

sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-all

and see if that helps!. :smiley:

You did choose to install 3rd party apps when installing didn’t you?:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
1 Like

Hello,
tried alsa/pulse setting. none of these worked through 3.5jack on Raspberry PI 3.
I am trying to run mpd.

Anyone had success running mpd on this release? Thanks

I have no audio at all, and in the soundpanel I only see a dummy-audio not the soundcard the RPI3 actually has (bcm3528 or something similar).

sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-all

and

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

didn’t work.

sudo apt-get install paman

Try running the above command and play around with Pulse Audio Manager (paman). :smiley:

OK. I installed the PulseAudio Manager, but I don’t really know what to do with it…

You have “server information”, where I could disconnect, “devices”, where I see: sinks: auto_null and sources auto_null.monitor, “Clients” (a list of programs I think), “Modules” where I can see the properties of modules (not changing them) and “Sample cache”, where I see at the bottom: Playback on: auto_null (greyed out)…

Shouldn’t I see my soundcard anywhere?

I think Ubuntu MATE is great, but for my Pi I guess I will have to stick to Raspbian untill some updates later maybe. No sound and no bluetooth functionality for the moment, alas…

That is something you should address to the devs.

Maybe @Wimpy or @lah7 can help?. :smiley:

How can I best notice this to the devs? Which channel/forum?

Hi,

open Welcome > Chat Room and join in!:

2 Likes