RAR files in MATE 16.04?

Hello Again.
After 2 days of searching for the answer I am turning back to you guys and as you can see I am at least trying…
I had my OpenVPN working a week ago and that was all thanks to "Eric49" :joy:. Now there’s a problem with the "RAR FILES" I am receiving through torrents.
At first my system didn’t even recognise them, but after an upgrade of “Archive Manager” my MATE 16.04 now do. The thing is, it now “Ecsracts” the RAR file to a new folder named with the same name as the RAR. - But the folder is empty.
I have also tried opening the folder as root, but it remains empty…
Regards
SacePunk.

1 Like

Hi,
It can be a problem from the file itself.
Did you installed the tool needed ?
otherwise you can do it with that command

sudo apt install unace rar unrar unar p7zip-rar p7zip zip unzip

6 Likes

YES…
Thank`s A LOT Tristan !
And now for some relaxing film watching away from the Computer.
:cocktail: :cocktail: :tv: :grinning: :cocktail: :cocktail:
Regards
SpacePunk

You’re welcome !!!
Wish you will enjoy Ubuntu Mate !! :joy:

3 Likes
  • And of my GOD HOW I DO !
    MATE just appeared as a saver after 2 years of “fighting” with Ubuntu…
    I know MATE is based on Ubuntu but the difference, for me at least, is like Day and Night.
    All that didn’t work suddenly just worked with both my hardware and me.
    I have most definitely found my companion in the Linux environment.
    :joy: - And hears a GRATEFUL THANK`S TO THE MATE CREW !!! :joy:
    Regards
    SpacePunk

SpacePunk. Love that nickname !!! :wink:

That could happen with others distro too. Hardwares can works on some distro and don’t on some others. But here, we’re happy that for you every thing is going fine with Ubuntu Mate ![quote=“SpacePunk, post:5, topic:8229”]
I know MATE is based on Ubuntu
[/quote]
MATE is the desktop environment. MATE + Ubuntu = Ubuntu MATE.
As far as i know, Ubuntu MATE is 100 % Ubuntu and an official flavor Only the environment and some typical software such as Welcome who is originally made by UM developers. (I saw Joe Collins install it on other Ubuntu flavor, cannot remember > see Ezeelinux)
If i said wrong, please notice to me :wink:

excuse me, sir
are we need connection to install this tool
thanks

Hallow to @Putra_Akbar, yes mannnn :relaxed: I think so.
Then again I am really getting confused with the different networks that just pops up.
To day I am quit paranoid and I am convinced Ubuntu has there one channels and …

But just try @Tristan_VILLERS code, this is what you have to do any way, if you want your RAR files to unpack and give you what you found out there on the net.
Regards
SpacePunk :grinning: