Raspberry Pi 2 resize partition?

screenshot

i have MATE running very successfully. But the storage is different from my card size. i am use Samsumg EVO class 10.

it is the Pi2 + model ofc. anyone ?

i have reinstalled 3 times.

the image is from ubuntu and i am using win32disk imager.

I think you need to resize the partition on the SD card. Use a program called gparted.

thanks for the reply. Do i do it before mounting the image, or do it in the MATE on my pi?

You can resize in Ubuntu MATE on your PI 2 using Gparted (i think)

Install
Open Terminal (Ctrl + ALT + T )

Type:

sudo apt-get install gparted -y

then enter your password.

Run Gparted

Type:

gksudo gparted

then enter your password.

it should look like some like this :
http://mitchtech.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/gparted-default.png

thank you cybermaxpower for the reply. From your picture, isn’t the storage
still like 3G in total or that us just your size of sd card?

The instructions for resizing the partition for the Raspberry Pi 2 is on the page you downloaded the image from :wink:

2 Likes

I Agree Wimpy. I had typed the commands in as shown, and it was a tad confusing in some parts (multiple steps all crammed in as if it was a single command). “d, 2” is in fact two separate commands each followed by ‘enter’, not one single command-line argument. “d” enter, “2” enter, and from there on.

Also, I got an odd “unable to mound something” error when I told the thing to ‘w’-right the stuff from ram to disk before the reboot step (I don’t remember exactly what the error stated). I wasn’t sure it went all that well after seeing that. It did work out after a reboot and the ‘resize2fs’ step thing.