Relaunch bottom task bar when it disappears (laptop dock/undock)

Hi all, this may be a simple question but I’m fairly new to MATE. I’ve found that occasionally when I undock my laptop (which, when docked, is connected to a display with a larger resolution than the laptop display), the bottom task bar (“plank”?) disappears from the screen, presumably because it was originally located somewhere that no longer exists.

The question: is there some way to reinitialize, kill, restart, etc. the panel so it will reappear on the smaller screen? Currently I have to suspend the laptop and boot back up to make it reappear. I’m not a linux novice, but as I said, I’m just not that familiar with MATE so I don’t really know what each component is called or how it all fits together just yet (I think I’ve been using MATE for all of a week now!).

Note that I do have Plank configured to “dodge active window”, and I’m using the Pantheon panel layout.

Thanks~

You could do this:

1. In a MATE Terminal
    killall plank
  2. then to relaunch
    plank&

Alternatively, instead of the last command, you could relaunch Plank from the menu.
Menu > Accessories > Plank

You can open the plank preferences in the terminal and toggle the position top/bottom.

plank --preferences