Remove rounded window corners in MATE

I’m new to MATE , and those rounded window corners in all applications look really dated. How can I make windows borders have a 90 degrees angle?

ps: My theme is materia , which in gnome shell doesn’t have any rounder corners, just in MATE.

I use Numix theme. That has square corners. Or, at least, it does on Manajro Mate, which is what I am currently using. So, I am guessing it does on UM.

well the metacity theme for materia is quite bad from what i remember, not to push it but i'm working on a theme, right now i'm doing some custom window buttons and better matching the gtk window border to the metacity theme so if you want you could try it some hours later as i plan to update it when i return home

https://www.deviantart.com/edx-zero/art/Blood-Fallen-769027161

Thanks for the answers. And nice looking theme you got there! I personally don’t like those mac like buttons for closing , minimizing and maximizing , but that’s my taste.

I’ve managed to edit the metacity theme , the lines with rounded-corner top-right and top-left, changing the size of the rounded borders from 4 to 0

1 Like

lol forgot to upload a pic of how it's looking now, these are the new window buttons, on pre-light they have colors derived from the theme accent color, also the metacity theme has radius 0 but the gtk window border has really small rounded corners, i think around 1 radius but at this point it might match better if i set the radius on that as 0 as well, anyway i plan to lay the updated thing on dA when i'm back home.

1 Like