Remove titlebar always

Hi there, I’m making my MATE desktop look and act like awesomewm. So far I’m doing pretty well, but I want rid of the titlebar. I know there is undecorate maximized windows but I want to undecorate always.

Is there a way of doing it? I have keyboard commands for all it’s actions so it’s superfluous and a waste of pixels. I’m using marco + compton.

Hi, sorry I’m unable to help, I haven’t ever tried removing window decorations without Compiz 0.8. Hopefully someone will come to the rescue soon.

However, I’m intrigued to know more about your setup. Are you using an alternate window manager with mate-panel? Please provide some screenshots if you have the time. Thanks :slight_smile:

Screenshot of my desktop

Hi Alif, I’m using default MATE with compton, using mate tweak I’ve managed to get maximized windows to have no titlebar. I’ve also made it so that my keyboard shortcuts (the ones I use) match awesome. I guess I could just use Awesome, but I do like MATE, it’s pretty stable and the default applications are pretty comfy.

I’ve shrunk MATE panel to 21px and it looks pretty groovy really.

I decided to make these changes when I discovered you could move a window using super key by changing a setting, basically that + keyboard shortcuts negates the need for a titlebar (panel system monitor suffices for a titlebar). I would use compiz, however it suppresses all my changes.