Retroarch Feedback

Was trying out the software boutique for tester and notice it had retroarch. :slight_smile:

Gave it an install, and noticed this is only the frontend install. Wouldn’t it be better to get the one that installs all the emulators? Think it would be easier for newbies to have them all available, and then delete those they wont use, instead of searching a wiki to know the names of the cores(emulators) they want. But, adding them all will make the download size way bigger.

What are your thoughts about it?

Oh, this is the command to install retroarch with all the emulators:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libretro/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install retroarch libretro*
4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

I wasn’t the one who added Retroarch, but when I gave it a try… well, it didn’t last long on my system. :grin: I don’t game with emulators though, I was sold it me as a front-end for all games on the system… although I prefer Steam.

Perhaps this might be a better suited could be a feature that presents an interface to choose extras for a program?

So I think it’s a good idea, but only if it was optional.

How about adding a simple and a full install option? Can then put on the info that full is retroarch with the cores, and that simple is just the front end and a link to the wiki to the core names so you can pick and choose yourself.

BTW you should probably add to the info that if your controller is not detected automatically, you must go to Online Updater --> Update Autoconfig Profiles