Screen Lock on Wake From Suspend

Hello, I have posted about this in the past, but it still seems that it's an issue with Mate. I can lock the screen during my session manually without issue, but despite seemingly everything being configured correctly, when I wake the computer from suspend the screen is not locked as I would expect it to be. I am using the default power/screensaver gui tools in my attempts. I tried Light-Locker, but it makes the computer take 10-20 seconds to lock instead of being instantaneous so that doesn't seem like a viable option.

This is on both 18.04 and 19.04.

Does anyone have any insight into how I might go about getting my machines to lock when they suspend?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I should also mention that the screen will be locked on wake from suspend on my laptop if I shut the lid to suspend, but it will not be locked if I click suspend from the menu. On a laptop, at least, this presents an option to get the system locked, but on my desktop machines I'd like to be able to click suspend from the menu and have my machine locked.

To further follow up, what I have found is that on my laptop closing the lid or pressing the power button and then click suspend from the options will both lock the screen and suspend. The same goes for the physical button on my desktop machines.

However, using power button menu applet and clicking suspend will only suspend the machine and not cause the screen to lock.

In addtion, clicking the lock function from the power menu doesn't do anything although the Super+L key combination will lock the screen.

I'm guessing these are bugs since it's only via the menu applet that there are issues.