Sluggish wireless mouse

I’ve been having fun with the Raspberry Pi3. First install Raspbian and had a sluggish mouse. I found the solution and the wireless mouse is working great. I then decided to try Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS and it too started with a sluggish mouse. I found the fix on youtube and changed Raspbian, I thought it would work with Ubuntu but I was wrong. The fix in Raspbian was in terminal - sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt. At the end of the text line I added - usbhid.mousepoll=0. This boot/cmdline.txt does not exist in Ubuntu, so I have no idea where to go to fix this issue. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Just found cmdline.txt in ubuntu. In Raspbian it had me make the changes in Terminal and that was where I tried to do in Ubuntu. Just opened boot_ub on desktop and found cmdline.txt and added the command usbhid.mousepoll=0 and rebooted. Now wireless mouse was working normally. Problem solved. Perhaps someone else can benefit from this information.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum John. Please mark your post as solved as this will help other find a solution in the future.

Yes I will make it as solved. I looked around and not sure how to mark it as such. How do I go about it. Thanks

Looks like you found it. Thank you.

Using a new built system and Ubuntu Mate 16.04, I was having a USB keyboard and mouse issues. Mostly sluggish mouse issues. After buying another mouse and noticing the same issue, I realized that it must be an issue with Ubuntu. So I found this forum thread. It wasn’t clear what I should do. I just guessed, and it seems to work so far.
I didn’t have the “cmdline.txt” file mentioned in my boot folder, so I created one in the boot folder and just typed in “usbhid.mousepoll=0” and saved it. Seems to be working perfectly so far. I haven’t rebooted yet.
So, I guess, if you are having the same problem… (in Ubuntu 16.04 or whatever)

1. Just create “cmdline.txt” in your boot folder (if it isn’t already there).
  2. Add “usbhid.mousepoll=0” and save it.

That should fix it, I’m guess.

1 Like

In Ubuntu Mate 20.04, you can find "cmdline.txt" file in "/boot/firmware/cmdline.txt"

1 Like

It solved my problem, and everything seems to be just fine. Thank you!