[SOLVED]AMD/ATI propietary drivers don't run with administrative permissions from menu on UM15.04

I have been testing UM along 14.04 LTS to the latest 15.04 final official release and it has always presented this issue when I have had my ATI graphics Radeon 6310 proprietary drivers as installed with AMD Catayst Control Center 3D application settings: I can see both in the menu panel to request GUI amdcccle ( one is just visual application setting tool and the second one is stated as administrative root user permissions tool) but they don’t run from UM menu panel… none has ever run …though the second one seems to be the most important, and should open a requesting password window…( doesnt’ actually).

This is working good in LinuxMint menu panel before LM 17 had this tested too before 2014.

So I do the Debian style to apply settings on UM 15.04…open a terminal in UM , type sudo su, add my password ad then type as root user amdcccle and get access to Catalyst Control Center and fix the best 3D settings for my laptop .

Could this be checked up and fixed as it is working good for LM 17.1 ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

In LM 17.1 I have this edited from the menu applet ( >Cinnamon Desktop) launcher properties :

Name : AMD Catalyst Control Center (Administrative)
Command: amdxdg-su -c amdcccle
Comment: Allows the configuration of the AMD graphics hardware settings that requires administrative access.

As in UM 1504 the path set for amdcccle is different but it is correct anyhow
AMD Catalyst Control Center (Administrative)
Command: amdxdg-su -c /usr/bin/amdcccle
Allows the configuration of the AMD graphics hardware settings that requires administrative access.
DUNNO but I found this was a very old bug in Ubuntu , and was supposed to be fixed on Lucid Lynx version 10.04 as it is stated here

And now I found that this is a new bug after Ubuntu 14.04 being assigned to in here

Although I also found this hacking option for solving it…I would like that this would be fixed for UM Desktop…I think it can be polished up like LM did.

1 Like

Much thanks for the command :smile: