[SOLVED] Audio through HDMI

Hi All,

I am a newbie to Ubuntu Mate and Linux in general. I decided to get an ECS LIVA and installed Ubuntu Mate on it. Everything work well except for the wireless adapter, but that could just be the adapter itself as it didn’t work in Windows 8 either.
Anyway, after I hooked up the LIVA to my tv with HDMI cable, I was able to get sound through the HDMI cable, playing youtube video.
I turned off the LIVA and 30 minutes later turned it back on. Now i can’t get the sound through the HDMI anymore. When I checked the output, it only list the analog and not the HDMI. I wonder what could have changed. I swapped the HDMI cable and HDMI port, but no change. Anyone have any idea, please help. Thank you.

tata

Run this in the MATE Terminal with the HDMI plugged in

speaker-test -c 2 -r 48000 -D hw:0,3

It’s a test, if succesful static will bounce through your TV speakers, after that check if they now appear in sound settings.

Thanks. I actually got it to worked. I don’t know why it disappeared. But I was able to reactivate the HDMI audio in the same sound menu under the Hardware tab. Then it appears in the Output tab.