[solved]GUI app for making bootable USB drives?

I was looking through the various applications in MATE PPC 16 today and found no GUI app that would format and then create a bootable USB drive? I tried to find “mkusb” but it didn’t show in synaptic, and nothing in software boutique seemed to apply . . . . Is there any GUI application available for MATE to create a bootable iso on USB?

Thanks,

n_s

Hi @non_space
Check out System -> Control Center -> Administration -> Startup Disk Creator

Cheers

OK, thanks for that idea . . . I’ll check it tomorrow. But, shouldn’t there be “overlaps” to apps from drop down main menu?? Like in “Administration” . . . w/o Control Center . . . “Startup Disk Creator” would show up if it was installed???

Anyway, I’ll look tomorrow or now I have the idea of what synaptic might more readily find . . . 'precerate it.

n_s

Hi
It is showing up in System -> Administration on my two machines, but those aren’t fresh 16.04 LTS installs, those are Beta 2 installs so I’m not sure if that would be true on your system.

@ouroumov:

Cool. My system was an Alpha install, or maybe it was “pre-Alpha” : - ) But, I’ve been doing all of the dist-upgrades as they come along . . . . I’m away from that machine until tomorrow, so I can’t check it to find out right now . . . but, I’ll post back with the update . . . . PPC is a slightly different “animal” . . . so possibly some apps don’t make it over.

Yeah . . . new day, checking the MATE PPC system for “startup disk creator” . . . finds . . . “no files” . . . . Searching synaptic brings same result. I have LM 17+ on another computer, and that has “startup disk creator” and “USB formatter” . . . but, time consuming to get it over and so forth. Easier is best for me; have the Lu iso to test out on another issue I’m having with MATE 16 “rejecting” disks in optical drive . . . want to boot to Lu and see if problem is “solved.” So far updates/upgrades to MATE have not fixed the problem . . . .

n_s

Marking this thread as “solved” because I got in touch with Nio Wikland vis his “mkusb” app and he gave me links to the how-to add to PPA repos . . . and then I was able to install mkusb and create a bootable usb drive that runs in MATE 16 PPC.

Appreciate the replies from “ouroumov” . . . good to know someone is out there trying to help.

n_s