[SOLVED] Touchpad - no scroll

I have just installed Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and have no scroll with my touch pad, despite having enabled it in Preferences. For information, my laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T450. I would be grateful if someone could help me fix this issue.

Also, is it possible to change the opacity and/or colour of the horizontal grey bar at the top of the Desktop? I was able to make changes to a CSS file in Linux Mint, is there a similar method in Ubuntu Mate?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi

You mean the panel?
Right click on it, go to “Properties”, in the “Background” tab select “Solid Color” and you can then set color and opacity.

Let me know if this problem persists. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T460 and can look into this tomorrow. I noticed that there are no tags for keyboard, trackpad/touchpad and mouse-related issues and there are plenty of them. Would an input tag make sense? @lah7

Hi ouroumov, thank you for the information. I can now change the colour of the panel. Is there a way to remove the shadow along the bottom edge of the panel? Thanks again.

Hi maro, thanks for coming back to me. I can now see the settings and have enabled two finger and edge scrolling. Thank you again :slight_smile:

If your machine is recent enough, enable the option “Marco + Compton” in the “Window Manager” section of “MATE Tweak -> Windows” and it should be done auto.
(And Compton is a better option than the default option with no compositing.)

Is it also possible with Compiz?