[SOLVED] Ubuntu Mate and touch screen (Dual monitors)

Hi all,

I understand that Ubuntu Mate is focused on the traditional desktop experience but is there any way I can get my touch screen to work similar to that of Windows (or even Gnome 3.14)? I mostly use a keyboard and mouse but it’s just nice to use the touch screen with certain tasks.

Right now I have Ubuntu Mate 15.04 and the touch screen is not functioning very well. The calibration is quite off.

1 Like

hi-
i think that 15.04 all version is not optimized for touch-screen -
you can see the same problem on the “ask ubuntu” forum …- that’s a not a particularity of Mate

–i think - cdlt me

Start here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch

I found out touch screen works a lot better when I disconnect my second display (which is not touch screen). Anyone know how to fix the calibration for a touch screen? I have two 23 inch displays. If I keep both connected the mouse seems to go all over the place.

http://lii-enac.fr/en/architecture/linux-input/multitouch-devices.html

Hope it helps!. :smiley:

I was able to get it to function correctly by doing the following steps:

1. xrandr --output --off

2. xinput map-to-output
    (to reset “Coordinate Transformation Matrix” in case you’ve touched it before).

3. Calibrate with xinput_calibrator.

4. Re-enable the second screen.
    xrandr --output --on

5. Do map-to-output again.

However, when I reboot the settings are lost. I am looking for a way to save my configuration so I don’t need to keep calibrating the touch screen.

Hi Vik,

did you install arandr as a front-end for "xrandr"?, it might help you keep the settings you make?.

sudo apt-get install arandr

see also:

Solved the issue:

I had to add the following lines after calibrating with xinput_calibrator in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf:
Section “InputClass”
Identifier “calibration”
MatchProduct “ILITEK ILITEK Multi-Touch”
Option “Calibration” “14 10928 15 6122”
Option “SwapAxes” “0”
EndSection

Once I did that I needed to add the command “xinput map-to-output [touch device] [monitor input]”. In my case it was xinput map-to-output 9 HDMI1.

1 Like