[SOLVED] Ubuntuzilla Updates: this has been going on since last night

Failed to fetch http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt/dists/all/main/binary-amd64/Packages Hash Sum mismatch

Despite the message, I still got a big Thunderbird update afterward.

Is this, perhaps, a temporary thing - that self-corrects; or must I re-do something? I did update my kernel right before this started happening - if that matters. Thanks!

I don’t put a lot of trust into sourceforge any more.

@misterA: Hi, thanks for your cautionary advice regarding sourceforge, I checked it out.

The thing is, I do not know what is causing the update debacle or how to work around, what I thought was, the official repo for my SeaMonkey browser. I was hoping it was just a mirror issue that would be a simple thing to deal with.

Please advice; thanks a million!

I don’t know for sure, but I would suspect a corrupted mirror. Maybe just wait it out until it re-syncs?

Okay then, that’s what I was thinking, misterA - thanks :laughing: . Still a newbie, here :flushed: ; and a newbie with a burning desire to learn enough to one day, hopefully, offer some sound advice, myself.

Would it be the time to edit the title for [SOLVED] yet; or wait until it re-syncs? (sorry for the newbie torture :cold_sweat: ) Either way thanks, as always, misterA & the rest of you guys!!

Not being familiar with SeaMonkey or it’s mirrors, I wouldn’t mark it solved until you get it working. Someone else may have a better solution than just waiting out SourceForge to get fixed.

1 Like

Well, I decided to try something - and it worked! :smile:

First, I checked to see if the ppa was still misbehaving; and it was. Then, I simply went in and ticked off the ppa in the update center - ran an update to be sure the “failed to fetch” was temporarily gone; and it was - went back into the update center and ticked the ppa back on - updated again - and… [SOLVED] - everything is updating correctly again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I feel a Newbie Award coming my way :smirk: anytime now.

Thanks all!

1 Like

For future reference:

1 Like

@wolfman: your UM Update Guide is already part of my newbie arsenal of greatness. I am glad I am finally having a chance to thank you for putting it together. Yep, I have since learned (among other important things) of your Just In Case Scenario about the importance of restarting after a Synaptic update, to avoid confusion.

Thanks a million for checking in an reiterating! :smile:

1 Like