Spotify crashing in beta 2

Howdy, Been testing beta 2 and love the new software install from the welcome menu and i saw Spotify and installed but it plays part of song and crashes. I rebooted but this problem seems to persist.
Just passing this on.

Thanks

Seems 15.04 and 15.10 ship with out libgcrypt.so.11 and it needs it to run, install libgcrypt11 for 64-bit and it works fine,
Might want to add that in final as if someone installs and Spotify doesn’t work they might get upset.
So far it is the best Ubuntu Mate I have used, Martin you have out done yourself!

Ah yes, I had to install libgcrypt11 the first time in 15.04 too.

Are you using version 1.0.3.4 of ubuntu-mate-welcome? This commit from @wimpy removed some code regarding libgcrypt11 which might be to blame since spotify-client may not install that dependency.

Cannot find the version, but installing that file fixed it.

Welcome now installs a new version of Spotify, built for modern Linux distributions and no longer requires libgcrypt11. Update your system and use Welcome to reinstall Spotify and you’ll get the new version, which works very well for me :slight_smile:

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying. Must be related to this question a few weeks back:

I personally prefer the old/existing one :grinning: