Still - TOR won't install - too many errors?

I tried installing TOR via boutique, that failed - see screen cap below. But checking, found it did install but just won't start so uninstalled that, rebooted, tried installing via Terminal, and both times, same crash result in:

I read about similar issues, none the same for 18.04.03 clean install. My issue is won't install.
~i~

And if you install via the website? https://www.torproject.org/download/

Thanks Aegir81 the Tor dload tip, but now, for the fifth time, Ubu NOT I, has again lost my password. If there isn't a quick way, I'll need to re-install Ubu again, update it again, re-do all settings again etcetera - - - for the LAST TIME. Arggg!
~i~

How do you mean? How did Ubuntu lose your password? Reinstalling for the fifth time feels like overkill.

You will have to ask Ubuntu that.

This is all I can tell you...

1. Works fine for a while
  2. Click the computer icon - click Shutdown > Click Shutdown again.
  3. Go to bed.
  4. Get up - press Start button on laptop - systems starts it's load.
  5. Password prompt comes up - as usual. Enter password. Hit ENTER: Error dictates it is the incorrect password.
  6. Retry, still won't take it.
  7. Check if keyboard layout is correct - all is good.
  8. Check for lower/cap settings - all is good.

Do I know my passwords? Better than Ubu does.

When I say 5th, it has happened 5 times at random times in over a 1 year period.

I'm not sure how, or whose tip I used, but was able to reset the password by pressing suggested key combo at boot and doing some listing of users and password reset there. Sorry, I can't remember which help it was, and am trying to figure out so I can thank them.
Once logged in, I have had a lot of other things to get done but will look and thank them.

I will also keep a print-out of how to reset the password. I have disabled screen saver and suspend from requiring a password. Not safest way, but I'm in, as they say. It's a good feeling to see Ubuntu show up. But this topic is / was about Tor not installing properly.

BTW, I found there is another user, that being my Windows desktop. How I did that is another mystery. It's possible it was trying to log me in as the other user, that being the user on my desktop (probably from when I tried to network them.)

Many thanks Aegir81 for your invaluable time and experience - I very much appreciate it.
~i~