Suspend / Standby / Sleep using up tons of battery

Thinkpad T460s. 19.04.
Putting the computer to sleep is using up much more battery than previously. A 12 hour sleep will take down 20% of battery charge. Is the processor not going to deep enough sleep state? how to diagnose?

EDIT:
this is a laptop, and it lives in my backpack when it's in sleep. there is a Logitech unifying receiver that I will ensure is disconnected prior to putting the computer to sleep. Also I will go into bios and shutdown the USBs when in sleep.

Hello,

This may help you understand why?

Take a look here -

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-signed-hwe/+bug/1825636

Plenty of other links to investigate. Good luck jonpolak.

though not an answer to your particular problem, I've found that using slimbookbattery saver helps a lot with battery life on my t450. you can get their PPA here:
Simbook Battery

In my case I've found out that incidental movement of my wireless mouse after I close lid of my laptop makes it awake itself even with closed lid. Now I turn off mouse first and then close the lid.

This looks promising. Seems like it is affecting several other users. Anyone else here?

thanks for the link to slimbook. I use TLP which I thought was standard for Thinkpad users. Is slimbook more performant in your experience?

I find that slimbook battery is easier to use and adjust than TLP But believe it still uses tlp.
Good Luck.

On Lenovo Ideapad 100-14, occasionally see the same battery drainage, there were even times when closing the lid did not put the system into sleep. Installing TLP did not make a huge difference.