Swap error message when updating initramfs

After sudo update-initramfs -u
I get the message
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.4.0-70-generic
W: initramfs-tools configuration sets RESUME=defe9cb2-3755-4cdd-946e-e4718333837b
W: but no matching swap device is available.

I'm running freshly installed 20.04.2 LTS without swap partition but with /swapfile.
The UUID shown in the message above is attributed to sda1.

The original /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume contained the same UUID. I made a backup of this file, deleted the UUID and got the same message after updating initramfs. Then I changed the line to RESUME=/swapfile and still got the same message after updating initramfs.

What do I have to do to avoid that swap error?

Hi jodother,
I think you are updating a Swap that have no partition. In 20.04 there's no need to create a swap partition, like you say there's a most practical swapfile in /root.
After delete swap partition if you have one, you must:
sudo blkid | grep root (and see UUID number)
Open etc/crypttab, and change UUID (root number)
Open etc/fstab, and type at the bottom:
/swapfile none swap sw 0 0
Go to /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d and delete resume file
Update initramfs:
sudo update-initramfs -u -k all
Reboot.

Lucky!

Thanks for taking your time but that didn't work.
sudo blkid | grep root
was ok, no output, no error message
etc/crypttab
doesn't exist on my notebook
etc/fstab
already contained the line /swapfile none swap sw 0 0
sudo update-initramfs -u -k all
generated the same error described before, before and after reboot

Hi again,
Strange. Have you ckeck if swapfile file is present in / ? Maybe's been deleted for any reason. If not, copy it from live version and paste in there. It's only a possibility, nothing lost.
Advise that 20.04.02 and 20.04.01 have experimented some specific errors until present. Perhaps is better fresh install 20.04 and update later.

Yes, swapfile is present in root directory.
I'm not sure if this error has any effect, such as a longer boot time. Or can I just ignore it?

Almost for me, and sadly, my experience tell me never a warning message in ubuntu must be ignored. Perhaps anyone could add more light on this...you always can backup and reinstall by the hard way (overkill) if there's no alternative.