System monitor 1.26.0 - Too many grid lines on Load indicator block the real info

Hi

On ubuntu mate 22.04, the grid lines on the system monitor are too dense for the Load indicator.
To the point that I can only see the grid lines. Do we have a way to disable these grid lines?

Regards,
Julian

Would you have a screenshot of your System Monitor showing the issue. Here on UM22.04.1 it looks like the attached screenshot of what I think you are talking about. Possibly see double arrows and you can drag to expand or contract the width of the columns. Only guessing. Edit: you have to hover over line for double arrows to appear.

Hi mendy

I mean the grid lines in the Load applet

The color of these gridlines are controlled in

Preferences -> Load -> Gridline

For example, If I select black I only see a full black Load indicator. So you can see that the gridlines take all the space.

Regards,
Julian

This is what I see if I select black instead of red (with the color for Average still on red)

Sorry but could you tell me where or how the Load applet is launched, kinda lost.

OK Think I found what you are talking about now. Had to install System Monitor. Screenshot is my Desktop with custom panel color (brownish), YaruGreen theme which gives me a grey indicator area. Almost seems like it is not usable as graph and have to click on it for dropdown which shows your monitored processes. Did try various system themes and the ones in the app. Some information on what I think you are using.

https://www.computernetworkingnotes.com/linux-tutorials/ubuntu-show-cpu-and-memory-usages-in-top-bar.html

Hi mendy

I had no need to install anything. The system monitor comes included in the mate distribution. The problem is that the grid lines are too dense and there is no way to control them or make them go away. Could you please contact the system monitor developer(s) and let them know about the issue?

Regards,
Julian

By the way, do not take offense but why you are not using the mate desktop? This is the mate support section, isnt't it?

Well this is all I have:

My preferences screen
Processor is showing heavy usage of Avidemux editing a video
Memory is showing about 50%
Network is showing spike after Firefox browser refresh
Load is showing load

You can't expect a small 24-28 or so px panel to show great detail, possibly change update interval.

Image of 128px image of LibreOffice graph next to 26px image of same graph.

g

Don't know why you think I am not using the mate desktop. (no offense taken)

Image of my Desktop (1920x1080) showing top and bottom panels set at 28px.
White area is just center of screen with items on Desktop removed to make image smaller. Edit: Desktop image taken before adding Indicator
Multiload

2 Likes

Hi

I think you are not using the default version that comes installed with ubuntu mate 22.04. My menu is different from yours (you have all this CPU and Mem details when you right click but I don't). See the screenshot:

For example: where is your "Remove from Panel" entry?

Regards,
Julian