ThinkPad 11e boot Freezing with fresh install of Unbuntu Mate 16.04.1 LTS

I recently got a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad 11e 3rd Generation.
See specs here
I didn’t even bother doing anything with windows 10 expect for skip through the startup and the shut the computer down. I fired up a live image of Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS and had a freeze on the loading screen (Ubuntu Mate symbol with white and green dots). I did a little digging and found that issues using secureboot and UEFI. So I went in to the system settings and disabled secure boot and enabled legacy only under the UEFI settings.

After this the live session would boot properly. I proceed to install the OS. I DID not keep windows to do a duel boot setup. I don’t have any use for windows. The install completed and I restarted the laptop when prompted. Now when I try to boot the OS it freezes on the loading screen just like what was described above.

Some help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
Can you provide the output of the following command:

inxi -MCGD

(From the live session)
Also please mention if:

• You checked the integrity of the .iso file against the provided hashes

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I am using the 16.04.1 iso on a USB drive. Unfortunately I cannot get the live session to work anymore. I did do the check disk option from the live disk menu. It came up with “errors found in 2 files!” Does that mean my iso is corrupted? Do I need to download a new image?

I’m not sure, it’s possible something went wrong while writing files to the disk during install.
To be clear, you can no longer boot the USB or is it just the “Try UM” option that you can’t use?
Also please try booting again and hitting the F1 key when you see the logo with the dots, you might get more information that way.

Its the “Try UM” option that does not work. I tried to do it again with hitting f1 at the loading screen. Got a bunch of text that ended with “anacron.service” when it froze.

I’m am downloading a new .iso file direct. (last time I did a torrent) I will check the “hashes” as you asked. (just learned how to do it)

I’m not sure if you did that already, but just in case try and wait 90seconds after it freezes on that anacron.service message and if past 90seconds it doesn’t resume, power off.

Edit: as this might be obscure to you, I’m wondering if this is not due to a rarely seen aspect of the systemd timeout snafu. (See common problems thread)

Well I can tell you that after several minutes it does nothing.

I’m not sure what that snafu is all about. I will try to check into that.

Still no luck.

I tried several other Distros (Ubuntu, LXLE, Debian, openSUSE) No offense to Ubuntu MATE (Its the distro I want to install) I was able to install Manjaro. Although that broke after an update. On the loading (Splash) screen. So I’m wondering if it is a problem with the USB loaders I’m using or does this Laptop have some serious issues with booting Linux in general?