This device is not working (wifi driver)

I can't "Apply Changes" in the Additional Drivers panel for my wifi driver.

IT DOES work on the live version though, but as soon as I install it on my drive it keeps saying that ''This device is not working". Again, I am able to connect to Internet just fine on the Live version.
I've re installed everything back again multiple times, reboots and so on but nothing.

I've read this post:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/455798/cannot-apply-changes-in-software-updatesadditional-drivers where the solution of the last guy seems to have worked for some one but in my case is still requiring the internet connection to install the .deb package.

I have no other way to connect to internet since I have a macbook pro withouth the ethernet outlet.

*-network
description: Network controller
product: BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
vendor: Broadcom Limited
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
version: 03
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=bcma-pci-bridge latency=0
resources: irq:18 memory:c1a00000-c1a07fff memory:c1800000-c19fffff

Hi,
You could use USB tethering with an Android phone (or iPhone) connected to the Wi-Fi network to connect to the internet, then install the drivers from the driver manager.

Hope this helps… Regards,
Jay

1 Like

If you click on “use STA driver”, can’t you click apply changes?

There is a bcmwl-kernel-source…deb in the live usb (mount it first) under pool/main/b/ which you should be able to install without being on the internet. Give it a try.

wow… the easiest the solution the harder to think of it! It did work so thanks a lot!!

1 Like