I'm currently running the daily builds, and it looks like one of the best releases (I'd say the best) of Mate so far, so thank you and congrats to all the people involved!
So far it seems much more stable than 19.04 ever was, even this late into the 19.04 release.
Couple of things I noted immediately:
- No more frustrating 1px draggable borders (finally!!)
- Absolutely no screen tearing out of the box, everything is buttery smooth
- Are the above improvements a direct the result of using the Adaptive compositor (set as default in 19.10)?
- When you resume after suspend the screen isn't locked. Have I missed a setting, or is this still not implemented?
- Will my current installation automatically progress to the final release once it's out, or will I need to reinstall in order to have the equivalent of the official release?