Tilda lagging when trying to delete characters, figure attached

When I backspace after entering a command it doesn't delete the characters. It's sort of lagging, see figure below. When I start writing again it overwrites that. I use Macro Software Compositor if that has a influence.

Is this a new install?

What video driver are you running? In terminal:

inxi -b

It is indeed a new install

Machine:   Mobo: Acer model: Garp_BA v: V1.22 Bios: Insyde v: V1.22 date: 12/24/2015
CPU:       Dual core Intel Celeron N3050 (-MCP-) speed/max: 922/2160 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Device 22b1
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: [email protected]
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics (Cherryview) GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0
Network:   Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k
           Card-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169
Drives:    HDD Total Size: NA (-)
Info:      Processes: 177 Uptime: 37 min Memory: 807.5/1914.2MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35

I thought this could be a video lag, but you seem to have the right driver installed. I am not that familiar with acer’s and celerons.

You can monitor your cpu, it could be on overload at some point. The System-Monitor located in your main menu will do that or in terminal, the command:

Also try switching to compton and compiz (use mate-tweak).

Your using tila-terminal. Try mate-terminal.

And you are fully updated?

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade && reboot

Try also changing the double buffering setting on tilda preferences and restart tilda.

One last question, is the slide effect when tilda opens smooth?

No the slide effect is not, but it seemed to go away today, magically . Thanks for all the advice.