Touchpad palm detection?

Hey! I’m switching from Windows to Linux and I really like this distro. However, I’ve had a hard time getting my touchpad to work like it should. Seems like there is no palm detection. The slightest graze of a hand causes the cursor to jump around the screen and click on random things. This often messes up my typing and has even caused me to accidentally send an email that I was in the middle of working on. This doesn’t occur on Windows.

System info:
Dell XPS 13 9370
Ubuntu MATE 18.10

I’ve tried different options that involved configuring user files to enabling palm detection but none of them appeared to work. "Disable touchpad while typing" doesn't work either. Seems like this issue is somewhat known and dated. Any suggestions are welcome.

Maybe a shameless plug, but I wrote this tutorial to enhance touchpad on Linux (on par with macOS): https://int3ractive.com/2018/09/make-the-best-of-MacBook-touchpad-on-Ubuntu.html

The solution includes the config to detect and ignore palm. This is not only applicable to Macbook, but any multitouch touchpad. A bit trouble with the software compilation, though.